General settings menu is the place where you can view, change general properties of the trading terminal, as well as configure confirmations and warnings defaults. To open the menu, go to File -> General settings. Settings consist of eight main sections:
- Mail server
- Proxy settings
- Language - specify default language of the interface. To set the language, select it from the list.
- Minimize to tray – if checked, the terminal is minimized directly into the system tray.
When option “Enable sound” is checked, sounds will play. Only sounds that are checked will play. Click on the “Folder” button to load a custom sound. To listen to a sound, click “Play” button.
To add a new hotkey:
- Specify selected action parameters in the dialog window that appears;
- Enter a HotKey value for a new position in the section 'User action' of the hotkeys table: .
When Confirm layout overwriting is checked, overwriting a layout must be approved.
- Warn on application close - if checked, you will get a warning message when trying to exit.
- Auto include variables to watch – if checked, the Watch panel will contain all variables used in a script any time it's opened.
- Compilation framework – select the .NET Framework version in which scripts are targeted.
- Editor font – font type for Editor window in AlgoStudio.
- Default encoding – encoding type which is set by default.
- Stop debugging after an exception – if checked, when the first exception occurs the debugging will be stopped, if unchecked – debugging will continue without any restrictions.
- Write trading data to logs – if checked, all trading information is saved into text log files (Trades history and Order book).
Note: If you change the .NET Framework version, you may receive error messages if your code contains references to a different version. To resolve these errors, you must manually modify the references.
Use custom settings – if checked, user can set his own connection parameters to the mail server by filling the settings below, if unchecked – mail server will use the default system settings.
Use SSL connection – if checked, SSL connection is used. Make sure that the mail server supports it.
Use SMTP authentication – if checked SMTP authentication is used. After checking, fill in the following fields:
- Authentication login – only if the SMTP server needs it.
- Authentication password – only if the SMTP server needs it.
- SMTP port – specify the mail server SMTP port.
- 'From' address– specify the e-mail identity for sending e-mail messages.
- SMTP server– specify the SMTP server for sending e-mails.
- SMTP server timeout – specify the server's timeout in milliseconds.
If these parameters are unknown, one should contact an SMTP provider.
Enable proxy – if checked the user is able to specify the proxy settings.
- URL – type the IP address of the proxy server.
- Port – port number that is used by the proxy server for client connections.
Authentication – check, if the proxy server requires authentication.
To check proxy server's connection, type the proper server's url in URL box and press the “Test connection” button.